Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Selected Proverbs

The intellectual mind moves from particulars to universals while the artistic mind moves from universals to particulars.

While I am young I will remain an Aristotelian, affirming the doctrine of hylomorphism, but when I am old I will return to my Platonic roots, understanding the desperate necessity for the distinction between body and soul.

Nietzsche was just a poor, lonely, genius.

Careful observation may be closer to a virtue than we think.

Only a megolomaniac would deign to write proverbs.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kyler said...

Mr. Auden, which of Nietzsche's adjectives describe you? I choose two of three for myself. Also, are there internet telephone capacities from your part of the world? do you have iChat?

2/09/2006  
Blogger Kurt said...

Well, we can probably rule genius out. Let's see, that leaves... :)

2/11/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home