Wednesday, February 21, 2007


Is it a coincidence that the centenary of Auden's birth happens to fall on Ash Wednesday?

Incidentally I will be giving up long, hot, showers for Lent. I wasn't going to give up anything, but the more I thought about giving up hot showers in the morning, the more I figured that I couldn't really do it. And that started to annoy me. Let's face it, the majority of people that ever existed (and some who now exist) didn't get to start of their morning with a 10 minute long, 90 degree shower. Sometimes I feel like I'm pampered and I don't like it.

Happy Ash Wednesday! Let's make up for all the misrule of Tuesday (hopefully you had a chance to get yours in).


p.s. On the rare chance I run into a hottub I will consider it fair game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home